The Village of Northville Historian collects historical photos, documents, scrapbooks, genealogy and maps.
The Historian provides information on the Village of Northville’s History.
The site of the village was first settled around 1786, but areas south of the village were settled around 1762. The village was once on high ground next to the Sacandaga River valley. When the Sacandaga Reservoir was flooded in 1930, that valley became an arm of the Great Sacandaga Lake.
Northville was incorporated in 1873, setting itself off from the Town of Northampton. The Conklingville Dam, finished in 1929, brought about the expansion of the Great Sacandaga Lake to the edge of the village.
The Northville Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2014.
Historian Gail Cramer
(518)863-4040 Ext 0
412 South Main Street
Northville, NY 12134
Village email – email@example.com